Welcome to YourSheriffOnline.com!
Meet Sheriff Gary Hofmann 2022
Olga, Laura, Joseph, and Alexandra
This website was developed for the citizens that we serve, providing, quick and easy access to information about your Elected Sheriff Gary Hofmann and your Sheriff’s Office.
“Your Office of The Sheriff is based on Integrity, Honesty and Respectability. As your elected Sheriff I will not run a negative campaign against my opponent, but rather promote the many positives of my first twelve years in office, to include the plans of our next four years.” Sheriff Gary Hofmann 2022
Endorsed by Governor Larry Hogan
“I wholeheartedly endorse Gary Hofmann for Sheriff of Queen Anne’s County. Sheriff Hofmann has been a partner in our efforts to take repeat violent criminals off the streets and battling the opioid epidemic.
He’s also been a fiscally responsible sheriff, who consistently ensures that fair and unbiased police services are provided to the citizens of Queen Anne’s County.
I support his bid for re-election and look forward to working with him over the next four years.”
Governor Larry Hogan
What have we done, demonstrated and what’s upcoming for 2022?
(Promises made 2014, Promises Fulfilled)
Goals for the next eight years (2014 Election Goals)
- Full Law Enforcement Accreditation, Currently we are CALEA recognized again in 2020
- Maintain proactive programs , reducing taxpayer burden
- Auxiliary Deputy Program Volunteer
- Continued Asset Management
- Real-time Crime Analysis
- Crime Text message alerts / Reverse 911
- Continue to provide educational programs, remaining proactive with children, adults, and seniors
- Maintain the lowest crime rates
- Maintain fiscal responsibility
- Work with Local Officials to create enhanced traffic management plans
Goals and acomplishmnets next four years 2022 done and in progress
- Maintain Low Crime Rate- Lowest on Easternshore
- All deputies have Body worn cameras for complete transparency
- Created a Mobile App so the community can stay informed, submit anonymous tips, and know realtime events, available on any app store. Google and Apple.
- Established a Beach to Bridge Traffic Plan. Evaluate current initiative, and reduce traffic flow on State Route 18 and 8, with partners)
- Continue to reduce alcohol/drug use / “Hunt down all drug dealers, but provide help to those addicted”
- Personally provide help to families affected by the opioid crisis, being available to families in their time of need, 24/7
- Maintain Partnerships with allied agencies to do more with less funding
- Maintain and enhance Grant Funding as in years past, reduce the cost to our TAXPAYERS!
- Continue fiscal responsibility, at or below budget every year. ( Returned almost $700,000.00 in 2020, stayed traditionally under budget)
- Maintain a high level of service at our Court House, adapting to the new Circuit Court House.
- Community Programs (Drug, Alcohol, Safety, Mental Health)
- Created a Scholarship fund to help students and college-bound applicants with financial help. Helping our youth with financial obligations.
- Maintain Auxiliary Deputy Program and established a Cadet Program
- Maintain Accreditation (CALEA) Allowing us to be part of the Nationwide 10% of police agencies who have policies and procedures that exceed the local level.
- Maintain an aggressive approach to arresting drug dealers who contribute to someone’s death, which we have continued to demonstrate.
- Maintain School safety is always being proactive to critical incidents, most current and fluid training, added deputies to all schools in 2019. Currently, all schools are covered by a School Resource Deputy
- Maintain Education, Awareness, and Enforcement in the opioid epidemic
- Implementing the D.A.R.E program back in our schools in 2019.
- Maintain safe Churches, Schools, and Community locations through training of the community.
- Be available as YOUR Sheriff, by Social Media, Email, Phone call, and in person. My cell 443-496-1277
“As your Sheriff, I am no different than any other community member, I am part of this community, I believe the only difference is our “Jobs”. I appreciate your trust and support, in our ability to keep Queen Anne’s County one of the safest communities on the Shore!” Sheriff Gary Hofmann